Collection ID: 0023 | Metadata type: TEI
Lewis E M 4:13 Pontifical
- Council on Library and Information Resources
Call numberLewis E M 4:13
(Philadelphia, United States, Free Library of Philadelphia, John Frederick Lewis Collection of European Manuscripts)
PublisherFree Library of Philadelphia
- Initial D with a Bishop blessing the incense
- This leaf was once part of a pontifical, a liturgical book containing the services administered exclusively by popes or bishops. The blessing of the incense used during Mass was one of these services. This leaf is from the same manuscript as Lewis E M 42:18-19.
- This image shows the reverse of a leaf with an historiated initial. The text contains part of the service for the blessing of the incense.
Extent233 x 321 mm
- 14th century
- These images and the content of Free Library of Philadelphia Lewis E M 4:13: Pontifical are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.
- To the extent possible under law, Free Library of Philadelphia, Special Collections has waived all copyright and related or neighboring rights to this metadata about Free Library of Philadelphia Lewis E M 4:13: Pontifical. This work is published from: United States. For a summary of CC0, see https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/. Legal code: https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/legalcode.