Collection ID: 0023 | Metadata type: TEI
Lewis E M 5:1 Biblical commentary
- Council on Library and Information Resources
Call numberLewis E M 5:1
(Philadelphia, United States, Free Library of Philadelphia, John Frederick Lewis Collection of European Manuscripts)
PublisherFree Library of Philadelphia
- Initial O
- This cutting is from the same manuscript as Lewis E M 5:2.
- This initial begins a commentary on the Book of Exodus by Rabanus Maurus, a Benedictine monk and an archbishop of Mainz who died in 856 A.D. He is considered one of the most important scholars and theologians of Carolingian era. The manuscript from which this cutting was taken was produced in the twelfth century. The vine-scroll decoration is typical of Romanesque illumination.
Extent106 x 111 mm
- 12th century
- These images and the content of Free Library of Philadelphia Lewis E M 5:1: Biblical commentary are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.
- To the extent possible under law, Free Library of Philadelphia, Special Collections has waived all copyright and related or neighboring rights to this metadata about Free Library of Philadelphia Lewis E M 5:1: Biblical commentary. This work is published from: United States. For a summary of CC0, see https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/. Legal code: https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/legalcode.