Collection ID: 0023 | Metadata type: TEI
Lewis E M 5:25 Book of Hours
TitleBook of Hours
- Council on Library and Information Resources
Call numberLewis E M 5:25
(Philadelphia, United States, Free Library of Philadelphia, John Frederick Lewis Collection of European Manuscripts)
PublisherFree Library of Philadelphia
- Flight into Egypt
- This miniature was most likely taken from a book of hours. The Flight into Egypt usually appears at the beginning of the prayers recited at Compline. The miniature was painted by a member of the Gold Scrolls Group, the name given to a circle of artists working in Bruges, ca. 1415-1455. The name derives from the group's frequent use of gold foliate ornament painted on backgrounds of flat color.
- This leaf comes from the same manuscript as Lewis E M 5:22-24, 26. It can be dated from ca. 1430-1440.
Extent159 x 229 mm
- 15th century
- Book of Hours
- These images and the content of Free Library of Philadelphia Lewis E M 5:25: Book of Hours are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.
- To the extent possible under law, Free Library of Philadelphia, Special Collections has waived all copyright and related or neighboring rights to this metadata about Free Library of Philadelphia Lewis E M 5:25: Book of Hours. This work is published from: United States. For a summary of CC0, see https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/. Legal code: https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/legalcode.