Collection ID: 0023 | Metadata type: TEI
Lewis E M 6:3 Choir book
- Council on Library and Information Resources
Call numberLewis E M 6:3
(Philadelphia, United States, Free Library of Philadelphia, John Frederick Lewis Collection of European Manuscripts)
PublisherFree Library of Philadelphia
- Initial E from a choir book
- The reverse of this initial contains part of the text: 'Tolle puerum, et matrem eius, et vade in terram Iuda defuncti sunt...' (Take with thee the child and his mother and return to the land of Judah). This passage can occur within the Office celebrating the feast of the Purification of the Virgin or in the Mass for Sunday after Christmas Day. The exact liturgical identification of this cutting remains to be determined.
Extent120 x 105 mm
- 15th century
- Song book
- Musical notation
- These images and the content of Free Library of Philadelphia Lewis E M 6:3: Choir book are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.
- To the extent possible under law, Free Library of Philadelphia, Special Collections has waived all copyright and related or neighboring rights to this metadata about Free Library of Philadelphia Lewis E M 6:3: Choir book. This work is published from: United States. For a summary of CC0, see https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/. Legal code: https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/legalcode.