Collection ID: 0023 | Metadata type: TEI
Lewis E M 8:22 Gradual
- Council on Library and Information Resources
Call numberLewis E M 8:22
(Philadelphia, United States, Free Library of Philadelphia, John Frederick Lewis Collection of European Manuscripts)
PublisherFree Library of Philadelphia
- Initial R with the Annunciation
- This initial probably began the chant 'Rorate caeli de super...' (Drop down dew, ye heavens, from above). This chant was commonly used as the Introit for the feast of the Annunciation, indicating that this cutting may have come from a gradual.
Extent96 x 85 mm
- 15th century
- 16th century
- These images and the content of Free Library of Philadelphia Lewis E M 8:22: Gradual are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.
- To the extent possible under law, Free Library of Philadelphia, Special Collections has waived all copyright and related or neighboring rights to this metadata about Free Library of Philadelphia Lewis E M 8:22: Gradual. This work is published from: United States. For a summary of CC0, see https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/. Legal code: https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/legalcode.