Collection ID: 0023 | Metadata type: TEI
Lewis E M 9:14 Book of Hours
TitleBook of Hours
- Council on Library and Information Resources
Call numberLewis E M 9:14
(Philadelphia, United States, Free Library of Philadelphia, John Frederick Lewis Collection of European Manuscripts)
PublisherFree Library of Philadelphia
- Four Evangelists
- This leaf marks the beginning of the Gospel Lessons. Following tradition, each Evangelist is depicted as a medieval scribe engaged in the act of writing. Each one writes on a lectern using a quill pen. St. Mark, in the lower left corner, sharpens his worn pen with a knife.
- This image shows the reverse of a leaf with a miniature from a book of hours
Extent122 x 169 mm
- 15th century
- Book of Hours
- These images and the content of Free Library of Philadelphia Lewis E M 9:14: Book of Hours are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.
- To the extent possible under law, Free Library of Philadelphia, Special Collections has waived all copyright and related or neighboring rights to this metadata about Free Library of Philadelphia Lewis E M 9:14: Book of Hours. This work is published from: United States. For a summary of CC0, see https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/. Legal code: https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/legalcode.