Collection ID: 0023 | Metadata type: TEI
Lewis E M 9:16a-d Gospel Lectionary
- Council on Library and Information Resources
Call numberLewis E M 9:16a-d
(Philadelphia, United States, Free Library of Philadelphia, John Frederick Lewis Collection of European Manuscripts)
PublisherFree Library of Philadelphia
- Four cuttings with scenes from the New Testament: (clockwise from top left) the Parable of the Good Man and the Thief, the Calling of Peter, Jesus rebuking the Scribes and the Pharisees, and Jesus healing a blind man
- These miniatures are from a Gospel lectionary, a service book that contains the Gospel readings arranged according to the liturgical year.
- This image shows the reverse of four cuttings from a Gospel lectionary. Moving clockwise from the top left, the texts are fragments of John 14:29-30, John 21:15-16, Luke 19:1-2, and Luke 19:16-17.
Extent117 x 118 mm
- 15th century
- 16th century
- Gospel Lectionary
- These images and the content of Free Library of Philadelphia Lewis E M 9:16a-d: Gospel Lectionary are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.
- To the extent possible under law, Free Library of Philadelphia, Special Collections has waived all copyright and related or neighboring rights to this metadata about Free Library of Philadelphia Lewis E M 9:16a-d: Gospel Lectionary. This work is published from: United States. For a summary of CC0, see https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/. Legal code: https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/legalcode.