Collection ID: 0023 | Metadata type: TEI
Lewis E M 10:4 Choir book
- Council on Library and Information Resources
Call numberLewis E M 10:4
(Philadelphia, United States, Free Library of Philadelphia, John Frederick Lewis Collection of European Manuscripts)
PublisherFree Library of Philadelphia
- Initial B with the Trinity
- This initial once marked the beginning of the chant 'Benedicta sit sancta Trinitas ...' (Blessed be the Holy Trinity), which was sung during the celebrations for Trinity Sunday. Here, the Trinity is represented by the figures of God the Father, the Dove of the Holy Spirit, and Christ with the wounds he suffered at death visible on his body.
- This cutting can be dated to ca. 1480.
- This image shows the reverse of a cutting from a choir book with an illuminated initial.
Extent134 x 124 mm
- 15th century
- Song book
- Musical notation
- These images and the content of Free Library of Philadelphia Lewis E M 10:4: Choir book are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.
- To the extent possible under law, Free Library of Philadelphia, Special Collections has waived all copyright and related or neighboring rights to this metadata about Free Library of Philadelphia Lewis E M 10:4: Choir book. This work is published from: United States. For a summary of CC0, see https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/. Legal code: https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/legalcode.