Collection ID: 0023 | Metadata type: TEI
Lewis E M 11:10A Book of Hours
TitleBook of Hours
- Council on Library and Information Resources
Call numberLewis E M 11:10A
(Philadelphia, United States, Free Library of Philadelphia, John Frederick Lewis Collection of European Manuscripts)
PublisherFree Library of Philadelphia
- Although the text on the reverse, the true recto, has been erased, the iconography of this miniature suggests that this leaf originally came from a book of hours, where it preceded the Penitential Psalms. This leaf and other leaves from this manuscript, also in the Free Library (Lewis E M 11:5-10 and 10b), belonged to the same manuscript.
- David watching Bathsheba at bath
- The text has been erased, but some of it is still visible.
- This leaf has been dated to ca. 1500.
Extent126 x 169 mm
- 15th century
- 16th century
- Book of Hours
- These images and the content of Free Library of Philadelphia Lewis E M 11:10A: Book of Hours are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.
- To the extent possible under law, Free Library of Philadelphia, Special Collections has waived all copyright and related or neighboring rights to this metadata about Free Library of Philadelphia Lewis E M 11:10A: Book of Hours. This work is published from: United States. For a summary of CC0, see https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/. Legal code: https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/legalcode.