Collection ID: 0023 | Metadata type: TEI
Lewis E M 16:16 Expositio psalmorum (Commentary on the Psalms)
TitleExpositio psalmorum (Commentary on the Psalms)
- Council on Library and Information Resources
Call numberLewis E M 16:16
(Philadelphia, United States, Free Library of Philadelphia, John Frederick Lewis Collection of European Manuscripts)
PublisherFree Library of Philadelphia
- Initial V
- The use of interlace, foliage decoration, and alternating colors in this initial from a commentary on the Psalms by Cassiodorus is typical of Romanesque initial decoration.
- This cutting may have come from the same manuscript as Lewis E M 16: 7, 12, and 18.
Extent70 x 78 mm
- 12th century
- These images and the content of Free Library of Philadelphia Lewis E M 16:16: Expositio psalmorum (Commentary on the Psalms) are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.
- To the extent possible under law, Free Library of Philadelphia, Special Collections has waived all copyright and related or neighboring rights to this metadata about Free Library of Philadelphia Lewis E M 16:16: Expositio psalmorum (Commentary on the Psalms). This work is published from: United States. For a summary of CC0, see https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/. Legal code: https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/legalcode.