Collection ID: 0023 | Metadata type: TEI
Lewis E M 22:1 Choir book
- Council on Library and Information Resources
Call numberLewis E M 22:1
(Philadelphia, United States, Free Library of Philadelphia, John Frederick Lewis Collection of European Manuscripts)
PublisherFree Library of Philadelphia
- Initial I
- This initial is a fine example of the type of ornament that characterizes Italian illumination of the Romanesque period. The refined interlace pattern at the top of the initial and the subtle foliate motifs within the stem are typical of illuminated initials produced in Tuscany in the last half of the twelfth century.
- This image shows the reverse of a cutting with a decorated initial from a choir book.
Extent39 x 172 mm
- 13th century
- Song book
- Musical notation
- These images and the content of Free Library of Philadelphia Lewis E M 22:1: Choir book are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.
- To the extent possible under law, Free Library of Philadelphia, Special Collections has waived all copyright and related or neighboring rights to this metadata about Free Library of Philadelphia Lewis E M 22:1: Choir book. This work is published from: United States. For a summary of CC0, see https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/. Legal code: https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/legalcode.