Collection ID: 0023 | Metadata type: TEI
Lewis E M 25:10 Service book
- Council on Library and Information Resources
Call numberLewis E M 25:10
(Philadelphia, United States, Free Library of Philadelphia, John Frederick Lewis Collection of European Manuscripts)
PublisherFree Library of Philadelphia
- Initial L with St. Lucy of Syracuse
- This initial from an undetermined source most likely began a prayer or some type of devotion to St. Lucy of Syracuse. Her feast day is December 13th. According to legend, she plucked out her own eyes in order to remain chaste; thus, she became the patron saint of blindness. As in this initial, one of her attributes is a platter with two eyes on it.
Extent34 x 40 mm
- 15th century
- Historiated initial
- These images and the content of Free Library of Philadelphia Lewis E M 25:10: Service book are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.
- To the extent possible under law, Free Library of Philadelphia, Special Collections has waived all copyright and related or neighboring rights to this metadata about Free Library of Philadelphia Lewis E M 25:10: Service book. This work is published from: United States. For a summary of CC0, see https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/. Legal code: https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/legalcode.