Collection ID: 0023 | Metadata type: TEI
Lewis E M 25:15 Choir book
- Council on Library and Information Resources
Call numberLewis E M 25:15
(Philadelphia, United States, Free Library of Philadelphia, John Frederick Lewis Collection of European Manuscripts)
PublisherFree Library of Philadelphia
- Although the precise moment in the liturgy that this initial begins remains to be determined, the chant was probably used in a feast celebrating St. Paul. St. Paul was traditionally depicted as a balding, bearded man. His attribute of the sword also helps to identify this saint.
- Initial Q with St. Paul the Apostle
- This image shows the reverses of a cutting with an historiated initial from an antiphonary.
Extent88 x 83 mm
- 15th century
- Song book
- Musical notation
- Historiated initial
- These images and the content of Free Library of Philadelphia Lewis E M 25:15: Choir book are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.
- To the extent possible under law, Free Library of Philadelphia, Special Collections has waived all copyright and related or neighboring rights to this metadata about Free Library of Philadelphia Lewis E M 25:15: Choir book. This work is published from: United States. For a summary of CC0, see https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/. Legal code: https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/legalcode.