Collection ID: 0023 | Metadata type: TEI
Lewis E M 25:21 Gradual
- Council on Library and Information Resources
Call numberLewis E M 25:21
(Philadelphia, United States, Free Library of Philadelphia, John Frederick Lewis Collection of European Manuscripts)
PublisherFree Library of Philadelphia
- Initial G with an unidentified saint
- This initial has been attributed to the Venetian illuminator Cristoforo Cortese, active from ca. 1399 to before 1445, when a document refers to him as already dead. Several other leaves in the Free Library have also been attributed to Cortese.
- This is the reverse of a cutting with a historiated initial from a gradual.
Extent190 x 504 mm
- 15th century
- Historiated initial
- These images and the content of Free Library of Philadelphia Lewis E M 25:21: Gradual are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.
- To the extent possible under law, Free Library of Philadelphia, Special Collections has waived all copyright and related or neighboring rights to this metadata about Free Library of Philadelphia Lewis E M 25:21: Gradual. This work is published from: United States. For a summary of CC0, see https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/. Legal code: https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/legalcode.