Collection ID: 0023 | Metadata type: TEI
Lewis E M 26:13 Antiphonary
- Council on Library and Information Resources
Call numberLewis E M 26:13
(Philadelphia, United States, Free Library of Philadelphia, John Frederick Lewis Collection of European Manuscripts)
PublisherFree Library of Philadelphia
- Initial I with Christ and several martyrs
- This initial begins the first response for the first nocturn of Matins of the Common of Several Martyrs, 'Absterget Deus omnem lacrimam ab oculis sanctorum ...' (God will wipe away every tear from the eyes of the saints).
- This cutting can be dated to ca. 1360-1380.
- This image shows the reverse of a cutting with a decorated initial from an antiphonary.
Extent183 x 232 mm
- 14th century
- These images and the content of Free Library of Philadelphia Lewis E M 26:13: Antiphonary are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.
- To the extent possible under law, Free Library of Philadelphia, Special Collections has waived all copyright and related or neighboring rights to this metadata about Free Library of Philadelphia Lewis E M 26:13: Antiphonary. This work is published from: United States. For a summary of CC0, see https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/. Legal code: https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/legalcode.