Collection ID: 0023 | Metadata type: TEI
Lewis E M 27:8 Choir book
- Council on Library and Information Resources
Call numberLewis E M 27:8
(Philadelphia, United States, Free Library of Philadelphia, John Frederick Lewis Collection of European Manuscripts)
PublisherFree Library of Philadelphia
Tuscany, Siena?, Italy
- Initial B with Christ blessing a Dominican nun
- The Dominican nun, identified by her black and white robes, may represent the abbess of the convent in which the original choir book was used. The precise moment in the liturgy that this initial begins remains to be determined.
- This cutting has been dated to ca. 1325.
Extent171 x 183 mm
- 14th century
- Song book
- Musical notation
- These images and the content of Free Library of Philadelphia Lewis E M 27:8: Choir book are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.
- To the extent possible under law, Free Library of Philadelphia, Special Collections has waived all copyright and related or neighboring rights to this metadata about Free Library of Philadelphia Lewis E M 27:8: Choir book. This work is published from: United States. For a summary of CC0, see https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/. Legal code: https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/legalcode.