Collection ID: 0023 | Metadata type: TEI
Lewis E M 28:7 Gradual
- Council on Library and Information Resources
Call numberLewis E M 28:7
(Philadelphia, United States, Free Library of Philadelphia, John Frederick Lewis Collection of European Manuscripts)
PublisherFree Library of Philadelphia
- Initial L with St. Paul
- This initial begins the Introit for the feast of St. Paul, 'Laetemur omnes in Domino ...' (Rejoice in the Lord). Lewis E M 28:3-5 and E M 28:7 were illuminated by a follower of Tomasino da Vimercate, an illuminator active in Milan from ca. 1390 to 1415. Until his identity was determined by documentary evidence, Tomasino was previously known as the anonymous Master of the Modena Hours after his most characteristic work in a book of hours, now in the Biblioteca Estense in Modena, Italy.
- This cutting can be dated to ca. 1400.
- This image shows the reverse of a cutting with an historiated initial from a gradual.
Extent95 x 149 mm
- 14th century
- 15th century
- Historiated initial
- These images and the content of Free Library of Philadelphia Lewis E M 28:7: Gradual are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.
- To the extent possible under law, Free Library of Philadelphia, Special Collections has waived all copyright and related or neighboring rights to this metadata about Free Library of Philadelphia Lewis E M 28:7: Gradual. This work is published from: United States. For a summary of CC0, see https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/. Legal code: https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/legalcode.