Collection ID: 0023 | Metadata type: TEI
Lewis E M 28:10 Gradual
- Council on Library and Information Resources
Call numberLewis E M 28:10
(Philadelphia, United States, Free Library of Philadelphia, John Frederick Lewis Collection of European Manuscripts)
PublisherFree Library of Philadelphia
- Initial C with Christ displaying his wounds
- The text that this initial begins has not yet been identified. The reverse contains text from the Communion for the fifth Sunday after Easter, 'Petite et dabitur quaerite et invenetis...' (Ask and it will be given to you, seek and you shall find), indicating that the initial may begin a chant used in the liturgy of the vigil of the feast of the Ascension.
- This image shows the reverse of a cutting with an historiated initial from a gradual.
Extent150 x 152 mm
- 15th century
- Historiated initial
- These images and the content of Free Library of Philadelphia Lewis E M 28:10: Gradual are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.
- To the extent possible under law, Free Library of Philadelphia, Special Collections has waived all copyright and related or neighboring rights to this metadata about Free Library of Philadelphia Lewis E M 28:10: Gradual. This work is published from: United States. For a summary of CC0, see https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/. Legal code: https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/legalcode.