Collection ID: 0023 | Metadata type: TEI
Lewis E M 28:11 Gradual
- Council on Library and Information Resources
Call numberLewis E M 28:11
(Philadelphia, United States, Free Library of Philadelphia, John Frederick Lewis Collection of European Manuscripts)
PublisherFree Library of Philadelphia
- Although the exact moment in the liturgy when this initial occurs has not been determined, the iconography suggests that it begins a chant used in the Mass celebrating the feast of St. Philip the Apostle (May 11), identified here by the cross-staff that he carries.
- Initial D with the St. Philip the Apostle
- This image shows the reverse of a cutting with an historiated initial from a gradual.
Extent136 x 110 mm
- 15th century
- Historiated initial
- These images and the content of Free Library of Philadelphia Lewis E M 28:11: Gradual are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.
- To the extent possible under law, Free Library of Philadelphia, Special Collections has waived all copyright and related or neighboring rights to this metadata about Free Library of Philadelphia Lewis E M 28:11: Gradual. This work is published from: United States. For a summary of CC0, see https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/. Legal code: https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/legalcode.