Collection ID: 0023 | Metadata type: TEI
Lewis E M 43:24 Initial U with the Ascension
TitleInitial U with the Ascension
- Council on Library and Information Resources
Call numberLewis E M 43:24
(Philadelphia, United States, Free Library of Philadelphia, John Frederick Lewis Collection of European Manuscripts)
PublisherFree Library of Philadelphia
- This initial probably begins the Introit for the feast of the Ascension, Viri Galilei quid admiramini aspicientes in caelum (Men of Galilee, what are you wondering at, looking heavenwards).
- This image shows the reverse of a cutting with an historiated initial from a gradual.
Extent162 x 173 mm
- 16th century
- Historiated initial
- These images and the content of Free Library of Philadelphia Lewis E M 43:24: Initial U with the Ascension are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.
- To the extent possible under law, Free Library of Philadelphia, Special Collections has waived all copyright and related or neighboring rights to this metadata about Free Library of Philadelphia Lewis E M 43:24: Initial U with the Ascension. This work is published from: United States. For a summary of CC0, see https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/. Legal code: https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/legalcode.