Collection ID: 0023 | Metadata type: TEI
Lewis E M 44:16 Gradual
- Council on Library and Information Resources
Call numberLewis E M 44:16
(Philadelphia, United States, Free Library of Philadelphia, John Frederick Lewis Collection of European Manuscripts)
PublisherFree Library of Philadelphia
- Initial C with the Last Supper
- This initial probably begins the Introit for the feast of Corpus Christi, 'Cibavit eos ex adype frumenti ...' (Full ears of wheat are the nourishment he gives them), as suggested by the iconography. The illumination is by a follower of the Cologne illuminator Johannes van Valkenburg, a Franciscan scribe and illuminator active from the late thirteenth century through the first quarter of the fourteenth. Another cutting in the Free Library's collection has been attributed to his hand (Lewis E M 4:3).
- This cutting can be dated to ca. 1325.
Extent268 x 404 mm
- 14th century
- These images and the content of Free Library of Philadelphia Lewis E M 44:16: Gradual are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.
- To the extent possible under law, Free Library of Philadelphia, Special Collections has waived all copyright and related or neighboring rights to this metadata about Free Library of Philadelphia Lewis E M 44:16: Gradual. This work is published from: United States. For a summary of CC0, see https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/. Legal code: https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/legalcode.