Collection ID: 0023 | Metadata type: TEI
Lewis E M 45:4 Choir book
- Council on Library and Information Resources
Call numberLewis E M 45:4
(Philadelphia, United States, Free Library of Philadelphia, John Frederick Lewis Collection of European Manuscripts)
PublisherFree Library of Philadelphia
- Initial I with an unidentified male saint
- Not enough textual or iconographic evidence remains to identify the precise moment in the liturgy that this initial begins. It was painted, however, by an artist active within the circle of Niccolò di Giacomo da Bologna (fl. ca. 1353- 1401), the most famous and prolific Bolognese illuminator working in the second half of the fourteenth century.
- This cutting can be dated to ca. 1360-1370.
- This image shows the reverse of a cutting from a choir book.
Extent46 x 110 mm
- 14th century
- Song book
- Musical notation
- These images and the content of Free Library of Philadelphia Lewis E M 45:4: Choir book are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.
- To the extent possible under law, Free Library of Philadelphia, Special Collections has waived all copyright and related or neighboring rights to this metadata about Free Library of Philadelphia Lewis E M 45:4: Choir book. This work is published from: United States. For a summary of CC0, see https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/. Legal code: https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/legalcode.