Collection ID: 0023 | Metadata type: TEI
Lewis E M 46:15 Antiphonary
- Council on Library and Information Resources
Call numberLewis E M 46:15
(Philadelphia, United States, Free Library of Philadelphia, John Frederick Lewis Collection of European Manuscripts)
PublisherFree Library of Philadelphia
- Initial C with two unidentified saints praying at an altar
- This initial begins the first response of the first nocturn of Matins for the Pro Defunctis or Office of the Dead, 'Credo quo redemptor meus vivit ...' (I know that my Redeemer lives).
- This image shows the reverse of a cutting with an historiated initial from an antiphonary.
- This cutting can be dated to ca. 1300.
Extent135 x 346 mm
- 13th century
- 14th century
- Historiated initial
- These images and the content of Free Library of Philadelphia Lewis E M 46:15: Antiphonary are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.
- To the extent possible under law, Free Library of Philadelphia, Special Collections has waived all copyright and related or neighboring rights to this metadata about Free Library of Philadelphia Lewis E M 46:15: Antiphonary. This work is published from: United States. For a summary of CC0, see https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/. Legal code: https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/legalcode.