Collection ID: 0023 | Metadata type: TEI
Lewis E M 50:7 Gradual
- Council on Library and Information Resources
Call numberLewis E M 50:7
(Philadelphia, United States, Free Library of Philadelphia, John Frederick Lewis Collection of European Manuscripts)
PublisherFree Library of Philadelphia
- Initial G with the Assumption of the Virgin
- This initial may begin the Introit for the feast of the Assumption (Aug. 15), 'Gaudeamus omnes in domini' (Rejoice we all in the all the Lord).
- Lewis E M 50:7 is by the same artist who executed E M 43:15-18.
- This image shows the reverse of a cutting with an historiated initial from a gradual.
Extent195 x 194 mm
- 16th century
- Historiated initial
- These images and the content of Free Library of Philadelphia Lewis E M 50:7: Gradual are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.
- To the extent possible under law, Free Library of Philadelphia, Special Collections has waived all copyright and related or neighboring rights to this metadata about Free Library of Philadelphia Lewis E M 50:7: Gradual. This work is published from: United States. For a summary of CC0, see https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/. Legal code: https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/legalcode.