Collection ID: 0023 | Metadata type: TEI
Lewis E M 64:2 Gradual
- Council on Library and Information Resources
Call numberLewis E M 64:2
(Philadelphia, United States, Free Library of Philadelphia, John Frederick Lewis Collection of European Manuscripts)
PublisherFree Library of Philadelphia
- Initial B with the Trinity
- Lewis E M 64:2 and E M 64:13 are sister leaves. A fourth leaf from the same manuscript is in Princeton, NJ, Princeton University Art Museum, 30.35. It can be dated to ca. 1435.
- This initial begins the Introit for Mass on Trinity Sunday, 'Benedicta sit sancta trinitas' (Blessed be the Holy Trinity).
- This image shows the reverse of a cutting with an historiated initial from a gradual.
Extent355 x 520 mm
- 15th century
- Historiated initial
- These images and the content of Free Library of Philadelphia Lewis E M 64:2: Gradual are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.
- To the extent possible under law, Free Library of Philadelphia, Special Collections has waived all copyright and related or neighboring rights to this metadata about Free Library of Philadelphia Lewis E M 64:2: Gradual. This work is published from: United States. For a summary of CC0, see https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/. Legal code: https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/legalcode.