Collection ID: 0023 | Metadata type: TEI
Lewis E M 66:4 Antiphonary
- Council on Library and Information Resources
Call numberLewis E M 66:4
(Philadelphia, United States, Free Library of Philadelphia, John Frederick Lewis Collection of European Manuscripts)
PublisherFree Library of Philadelphia
- Initial U with the Calling of Saints Andrew and Peter
- This initial begins the antiphon at first Vespers for the feast of St. Andrew (Nov. 30), 'Unus ex duobus qui secuti sunt dominu[m] erat andreas fratri symonis petri ...' (One of two brothers who had followed the Lord was Andrew the brother of Simon Peter).
- This image shows the reverse of a leaf from an antiphonary with an historiated initial. This side of the leaf, the true verso, continues the liturgy for Matins for the feast of St. Andrew.
- This manuscript can be dated to ca. 1325.
Extent351 x 495 mm
- 14th century
- Historiated initial
- These images and the content of Free Library of Philadelphia Lewis E M 66:4: Antiphonary are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.
- To the extent possible under law, Free Library of Philadelphia, Special Collections has waived all copyright and related or neighboring rights to this metadata about Free Library of Philadelphia Lewis E M 66:4: Antiphonary. This work is published from: United States. For a summary of CC0, see https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/. Legal code: https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/legalcode.