Collection ID: 0023 | Metadata type: TEI
Lewis E M 66:18 Antiphonary
- Council on Library and Information Resources
Call numberLewis E M 66:18
(Philadelphia, United States, Free Library of Philadelphia, John Frederick Lewis Collection of European Manuscripts)
PublisherFree Library of Philadelphia
- Initial S with the Presentation in the Temple
- This initial begins the Magnificat antiphon for the feast of the Purification of the Virgin (Feb. 2), 'Senex puerum portabat...' (An aged man carried a child).
- This image shows the reverse of a leaf with an historiated initial from an antiphonary. This side of the leaf, the true verso, continues the liturgy for the feast of the Purification of the Virgin, which begins on the front.
- This cutting can be dated to ca. 1325.
Extent302 x 459 mm
- 14th century
- Historiated initial
- These images and the content of Free Library of Philadelphia Lewis E M 66:18: Antiphonary are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.
- To the extent possible under law, Free Library of Philadelphia, Special Collections has waived all copyright and related or neighboring rights to this metadata about Free Library of Philadelphia Lewis E M 66:18: Antiphonary. This work is published from: United States. For a summary of CC0, see https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/. Legal code: https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/legalcode.