Collection ID: 0023 | Metadata type: TEI
Lewis E M 72:2 Antiphonary
- Council on Library and Information Resources
Call numberLewis E M 72:2
(Philadelphia, United States, Free Library of Philadelphia, John Frederick Lewis Collection of European Manuscripts)
PublisherFree Library of Philadelphia
- Initial S with St. Stephen Protomartyr
- This initial begins the first response of the first nocturn of Matins for the feast of St. Stephen (Dec. 26): 'Stephanus autem plenus gratia et fortitudine' (Now Stephen, full of grace and power).
- This image shows the reverse of a leaf with an historiated initial taken from an antiphonary. This side of the leaf, the true verso, continues the opening chants for the feast of St. Stephen.
Extent366 x 528 mm
- 15th century
- Historiated initial
- These images and the content of Free Library of Philadelphia Lewis E M 72:2: Antiphonary are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.
- To the extent possible under law, Free Library of Philadelphia, Special Collections has waived all copyright and related or neighboring rights to this metadata about Free Library of Philadelphia Lewis E M 72:2: Antiphonary. This work is published from: United States. For a summary of CC0, see https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/. Legal code: https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/legalcode.