Collection ID: 0023 | Metadata type: TEI
Lewis E M 72:13-14 Antiphonary
- Council on Library and Information Resources
Call numberLewis E M 72:13-14
(Philadelphia, United States, Free Library of Philadelphia, John Frederick Lewis Collection of European Manuscripts)
PublisherFree Library of Philadelphia
- Initial A with the Presentation in the Temple
- This initial begins the first response of the first nocturn of Matins for the feast of the Purification of the Virgin (Feb. 2):'Adorna thalamum tuum syon ...' (Adorn your bridal chamber O Sion).
- This image shows the reverse of a leaf with an historiated initial from an antiphonary. This side of the leaf, the true verso, continues the liturgy for the feast of the Purification.
- Initial H with the Birth of the Virgin Mary
- This initial begins the first response of the first nocturn of Matins for the feast of the Nativity of the Virgin (Sept. 8), 'Hodie nata est beata Virgo Maria ex progenie davit (sic) ' (Today the Blessed Virgin Mary was born of the line of David).
- This image shows the reverse of a leaf with an historiated initial from an antiphonary.
- These cuttings can be dated to ca. 1325.
Extent380 x 571 mm
- 14th century
- Historiated initial
- These images and the content of Free Library of Philadelphia Lewis E M 72:13-14: Antiphonary are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.
- To the extent possible under law, Free Library of Philadelphia, Special Collections has waived all copyright and related or neighboring rights to this metadata about Free Library of Philadelphia Lewis E M 72:13-14: Antiphonary. This work is published from: United States. For a summary of CC0, see https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/. Legal code: https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/legalcode.
Lewis E M 72.13 front
8369_0000.tif (171.4 MB)
8369_0000_thumb.jpg (7.5 KB)
8369_0000_web.jpg (323.8 KB)
Lewis E M 72.13 reverse
8369_0001.tif (171.4 MB)
8369_0001_thumb.jpg (6.3 KB)
8369_0001_web.jpg (278.2 KB)
Lewis E M 72.14 front
8369_0002.tif (170.0 MB)
8369_0002_thumb.jpg (6.9 KB)
8369_0002_web.jpg (302.7 KB)