Collection ID: 0023 | Metadata type: TEI
Lewis E M 73:10-13 Gradual
- Council on Library and Information Resources
Call numberLewis E M 73:10-13
(Philadelphia, United States, Free Library of Philadelphia, John Frederick Lewis Collection of European Manuscripts)
PublisherFree Library of Philadelphia
- Initial B with the Three youths in the fiery furnace
- This initial begins the hymn sung during Mass on the fourth Sunday in Advent, 'Benedictus es domine deus patrum nostrum ...' (Blessed art thou, Lord God of our fathers).
- This image shows the reverse of a leaf with an historiated initial from a gradual. This side of the leaf, the true verso, continues the hymn sung during Mass on the fourth Sunday in Advent, which begins on the front.
- Initial A with David praying to God
- This initial begins the Introit for Friday of Holy Week, 'Audivit dominus et misertus est michi ...' (The Lord has heard and has mercy on me)
- This image shows the reverse of a leaf with an historiated initial from a gradual. This side of the leaf, the true recto, contains the Offertory and Communion for Thursday of Holy Week.
- Initial R with King David in prayer below Christ
- This initial begins the Introit for the second Monday in Lent, 'Redime me, domine et miserere mei ...' (Deliver me, Lord, and have mercy on me).
- This image shows the reverse of a leaf with an historiated initial from a gradual. This side of the leaf, the true recto, contains the versicle for the Tract for the second Sunday in Lent.
- Initial E with King David in Prayer
- This initial begins the Introit for the third Friday in Lent, 'Ego autem cum iustitia apparebo in conspectu tuo...' (As for me, I will come into thy presence innocent).
- This image shows the reverse of a leaf with an historiated initial from a gradual. This side of the leaf, the true recto, contains the Offertory and Communion for the third Thursday in Lent.
- Lewis E M 73:10-13 and 15-20 are from the same gradual. Lewis E M 73:14 is from an antiphonary produced as part of the same set.
Extent387 x 569 mm
- 13th century
- Historiated initial
- These images and the content of Free Library of Philadelphia Lewis E M 73:10-13: Gradual are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.
- To the extent possible under law, Free Library of Philadelphia, Special Collections has waived all copyright and related or neighboring rights to this metadata about Free Library of Philadelphia Lewis E M 73:10-13: Gradual. This work is published from: United States. For a summary of CC0, see https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/. Legal code: https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/legalcode.
Lewis E M 73.10 front
8379_0000.tif (173.0 MB)
8379_0000_thumb.jpg (6.8 KB)
8379_0000_web.jpg (281.8 KB)
Lewis E M 73.10 reverse
8379_0001.tif (173.0 MB)
8379_0001_thumb.jpg (7.0 KB)
8379_0001_web.jpg (334.5 KB)
Lewis E M 73.11 front
8379_0002.tif (160.9 MB)
8379_0002_thumb.jpg (7.5 KB)
8379_0002_web.jpg (370.8 KB)
Lewis E M 73.11 reverse
8379_0003.tif (160.9 MB)
8379_0003_thumb.jpg (6.9 KB)
8379_0003_web.jpg (288.6 KB)
Lewis E M 73.12 front
8379_0004.tif (167.0 MB)
8379_0004_thumb.jpg (7.1 KB)
8379_0004_web.jpg (344.8 KB)
Lewis E M 73.12 reverse
8379_0005.tif (167.0 MB)
8379_0005_thumb.jpg (6.6 KB)
8379_0005_web.jpg (285.4 KB)
Lewis E M 73.13 front
8379_0006.tif (163.0 MB)
8379_0006_thumb.jpg (7.3 KB)
8379_0006_web.jpg (318.0 KB)