Collection ID: 0023 | Metadata type: TEI
Lewis E M 73:14 Antiphonary
- Council on Library and Information Resources
Call numberLewis E M 73:14
(Philadelphia, United States, Free Library of Philadelphia, John Frederick Lewis Collection of European Manuscripts)
PublisherFree Library of Philadelphia
- Initial S with St. Vincent of Saragossa
- This initial begins the first response of the first nocturn of Matins for the feast of St. Vincent of Saragossa (Jan. 22), 'Sacram presentis diei solemnitatem humili celebremus devotione...' (Let us celebrate with humble devotion the sacred solemnity of the present day). Lewis E M 73:14 is from an antiphonary produced as part of the same set as Lewis E M 73:10-13 and 15-20, which are leaves from a gradual.
- This image shows the reverse of a leaf with an historiated initial from an antiphonary. This side of the leaf, the true recto, contains the antiphons preceding the first response of the first nocturn of Matins for the feast of St. Vincent of Rome, which begins on the front.
Extent378 x 576 mm
- 13th century
- Historiated initial
- These images and the content of Free Library of Philadelphia Lewis E M 73:14: Antiphonary are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.
- To the extent possible under law, Free Library of Philadelphia, Special Collections has waived all copyright and related or neighboring rights to this metadata about Free Library of Philadelphia Lewis E M 73:14: Antiphonary. This work is published from: United States. For a summary of CC0, see https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/. Legal code: https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/legalcode.