Collection ID: 0023 | Metadata type: TEI
Lewis E M 74:10 Gradual
- Council on Library and Information Resources
Call numberLewis E M 74:10
(Philadelphia, United States, Free Library of Philadelphia, John Frederick Lewis Collection of European Manuscripts)
PublisherFree Library of Philadelphia
- Initial S with the Pentecost
- This initial begins the Introit for Pentecost Sunday, 'Spiritus domini replevit orbem terrarum ...' (The Spirit of the Lord fills the whole world). Although executed by different artists, physical evidence indicates that Lewis E M 46:8-9 and E M 74:10 are from the same manuscript. This initial has been attributed to Ser Ricciardo di Nanni, a Florentine illuminator active from the 1450s to 1480.
- This image shows the reverse of a leaf with a decorated initial from a gradual. This side of the leaf, the true verso, continues the Introit for Pentecost Sunday.
- This leaf can be dated to ca. 1460.
Extent394 x 555 mm
- 15th century
- These images and the content of Free Library of Philadelphia Lewis E M 74:10: Gradual are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.
- To the extent possible under law, Free Library of Philadelphia, Special Collections has waived all copyright and related or neighboring rights to this metadata about Free Library of Philadelphia Lewis E M 74:10: Gradual. This work is published from: United States. For a summary of CC0, see https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/. Legal code: https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/legalcode.