Collection ID: 0023 | Metadata type: TEI
Lewis E M 76:25 Gradual
- Council on Library and Information Resources
Call numberLewis E M 76:25
(Philadelphia, United States, Free Library of Philadelphia, John Frederick Lewis Collection of European Manuscripts)
PublisherFree Library of Philadelphia
- Initial S
- This initial begins the Introit for the Votive Mass for the Holy Spirit, 'Spiritus domini repleuit orbem terrarum ...' (The spirit of the Lord filled the whole world). Votive masses were sometimes performed in addition to the High Mass on certain days. In keeping with the celebration, the illuminator included a dove representing the Holy Spirit descending from clouds.
- This image shows the reverse of a leaf with a decorated initial from a gradual. This side of the leaf, the true recto, contains the Communion for the Votive Mass for the Holy Trinity.
Extent368 x 404 mm
- 15th century
- These images and the content of Free Library of Philadelphia Lewis E M 76:25: Gradual are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.
- To the extent possible under law, Free Library of Philadelphia, Special Collections has waived all copyright and related or neighboring rights to this metadata about Free Library of Philadelphia Lewis E M 76:25: Gradual. This work is published from: United States. For a summary of CC0, see https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/. Legal code: https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/legalcode.