Collection ID: 0023 | Metadata type: TEI
Lewis T177 Scholastic Philosophical Treatise
TitleScholastic Philosophical Treatise
- Council on Library and Information Resources
Call numberLewis T177
(Philadelphia, United States, Free Library of Philadelphia, John Frederick Lewis Collection of European Manuscripts)
PublisherFree Library of Philadelphia
- Part of the binding materials used for this book was a page from Orlando Lasso's Cantiones aliquot quinque vocum (printed by Adam Berg in Munich in 1569). A fragment can be seen in this image. A comparison with a facsimile in Peter Bergqusit's edition of the Berg print (in: Recent Researches in the Music of the Renaissance, 112 [Madison: AR Editions, 1998], plate 3, following p. xxxii) strengthens the argument for this book as the source for this isolated page, as does the fact that the work appears as no. 14 in Bergquist's edition of the Berg print--i.e., it's the same number that appears on this page.
- Many thanks to Lawrence F. Bernstein, Professor Emeritus of Music at the University of Pennsylvania for finding all this information within fifteen minutes of an image being sent to him.
- These images and the content of Free Library of Philadelphia Lewis T177: Scholastic Philosophical Treatise are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.
- To the extent possible under law, Free Library of Philadelphia, Special Collections has waived all copyright and related or neighboring rights to this metadata about Free Library of Philadelphia Lewis T177: Scholastic Philosophical Treatise. This work is published from: United States. For a summary of CC0, see https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/. Legal code: https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/legalcode.