Collection ID: 0023 | Metadata type: TEI
Lewis T244 Recognizance
- Council on Library and Information Resources
Call numberLewis T244
(Philadelphia, United States, Free Library of Philadelphia, John Frederick Lewis Collection of European Manuscripts)
PublisherFree Library of Philadelphia
December 7, 1600
- Kent. M[emoran]d[um] q[uo]d septimo die decembres anno regni...Elisabeth...Anglie...R(egi]ne XLiii...
- Marcus Waters of Wrotham, Kent, a taylor, pledge 20 lbs. and Richard Hunter of Ightham, Kent, a taylor, and Thomas Burton of Wrotham, a chandler, pledged 10 lbs each before justice of the Peace George Byng to guarantee that Waters will appear before the next general session of the justices of Maidstone and in the meantime will keep the peace especially with Reginald Underdowne of Ightham taylor.
- Signed by Geo. Byng
- Dated Dec 7, 1600
Extent200 x 84 mm
- 17th century
- These images and the content of Free Library of Philadelphia Lewis T244: Recognizance are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.
- To the extent possible under law, Free Library of Philadelphia, Special Collections has waived all copyright and related or neighboring rights to this metadata about Free Library of Philadelphia Lewis T244: Recognizance. This work is published from: United States. For a summary of CC0, see https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/. Legal code: https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/legalcode.