Collection ID: 0032 | Metadata type: TEI
X892.8 Sa17 Gulistān / [گلستان]
TitleGulistān / [گلستان]
- Saʻdī سعدى
Other related names
- Beijan, A., active 1921, former owner
- Jackson, A. V. Williams 1862-1937, former owner
Call numberX892.8 Sa17
(New York, NY. 10027, Columbia University., Rare Book and Manuscript Library)
Item is undated, probably produced in the 17th or 18th century.
- 17-- or 18--
Copy of Saʻdī's Gulistān, missing the last leaf.
- Manuscript codex.
- Title supplied by cataloger.
Extent225 numbered pages : 202 x 131 (155 x 88) mm, bound to 206 x 137 x 22 mm
SupportNon-European laid paper
BindingBound in plain black leather with blind ruled frame.
Polychrome and gold headpiece (f. 1v), textblock border-ruled in gold and blue; rubricatons in red; columns and some lines ruled in gold.
- Given by Mrs. A. V. W. Jackson in December 1937 (library plate, inside front cover).
- Gift from A. Beijan to A. V. W. Jackson in 1921 (inscription, flyleaf 1 recto at front of book).
- Persian literature--747-1500
- Persian poetry--747-1500
- Manuscripts, Persian--New York (State)--New York
- Codices (bound manuscripts)
- Manuscripts (documents)
- Illuminations (painting)
- Annotations (Provenance)
- These images and the content of Rare Book and Manuscript Library X892.8 Sa17: Gulistān are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.
- To the extent possible under law, Columbia University, Rare Book & Manuscript Library has waived all copyright and related or neighboring rights to this metadata about Rare Book and Manuscript Library X892.8 Sa17: Gulistān. This work is published from: United States. For a summary of CC0, see https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/. Legal code: https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/legalcode.
Inside Front Cover
9371_0001.tif (50.1 MB)
9371_0001_thumb.jpg (3.9 KB)
9371_0001_web.jpg (235.1 KB)