Collection ID: 0032 | Metadata type: TEI
MS Or 103 al-Juzʼ al-ḥādī wa-al-ʻishrūn. / ]الجزء الحادي والعشرون[
Titleal-Juzʼ al-ḥādī wa-al-ʻishrūn. / ]الجزء الحادي والعشرون[
Other related names
- Smith, David Eugene, 1860-1944, former owner
Call numberMS Or 103
(New York, NY. 10027, Columbia University., Rare Book and Manuscript Library)
 A.H.; MS Or. 94 from this set lists that date.
Turkey or Syria?
Complete section, containing the first word of 29:46 to the final word of 33:30.
- Manuscript codex.
- Title supplied by cataloger. Title from inscription reads al-Juzʼ iḥdá wa-ʻishrūn (f. 1r).
- One volume of a 30-part Qur'ān of which RBML holds fifteen volumes under separate shelfmarks (see MS Or. 94 for the primary entry).
Extent30 foliated leaves : 205 x 155 (140 x 90) mm, bound to 205 x 160 x 15 mm
BindingIslamic binding. Full brown leather with central blind stamped mandorla and blind tooled lines. Evidence of former paper label on right board with decorative shaped edges. Fore-edge and envelope flap with central stamp and blind tooled lines. Marbled paper separate pastedowns and flap linings.
- Gift of David Eugene Smith, 1931-1934.
- Manuscripts, Arabic
- Islamic bindings (Binding)
- Full covers
- Blind tooled (decoration)
- Envelope flaps
- Separate pastedowns
- Side labels
- Trough-marbled paper
- Early works to 1800
- These images and the content of Rare Book and Manuscript Library MS Or 103: al-Juzʼ al-ḥādī wa-al-ʻishrūn. are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.
- To the extent possible under law, Columbia University, Rare Book & Manuscript Library has waived all copyright and related or neighboring rights to this metadata about Rare Book and Manuscript Library MS Or 103: al-Juzʼ al-ḥādī wa-al-ʻishrūn.. This work is published from: United States. For a summary of CC0, see https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/. Legal code: https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/legalcode.
Inside front cover
6896_0001.tif (59.7 MB)
6896_0001_thumb.jpg (6.0 KB)
6896_0001_web.jpg (400.8 KB)