Collection ID: 0032 | Metadata type: TEI | |
MS Or 242 al-Juzʼ al-thānī wa-al-ʻishrūn. / الجزء الثاني والعشرون
Titleal-Juzʼ al-thānī wa-al-ʻishrūn. / الجزء الثاني والعشرون
Other related names
- Smith, David Eugene, 1860-1944, former owner
Call numberMS Or 242
(New York, NY. 10027, Columbia University., Rare Book and Manuscript Library)
- between 1750 and 1850?
Complete section, containing the first word of 33:31 to the last word of 36:27.
- Manuscript codex.
- Title from caption title in headpiece (f. 1v).
- One volume of a Qur'ān set, of which RBML holds five volumes under separate shelfmarks; See also MSS Or. 239, 240, 241, and 243.
Extent27 leaves : 238 x 162 (137 x 85) mm, bound to 245 x 170 mm
BindingBrown-black leather with flap; blind-stamped central mardorla with gold tooled outline, blind tooled frame with mostly effaced gold tooled frame rule, three gold tooled points in the middle of each side along the frame. Flap has coordinating stamped and tooled decoration. Thin red leather doublure.
Polychrome (blue, green) and gold illuminated headpiece (f. 1v). Textblock is border-ruled in gold. Text divisions marked in gold in the margin. Sūrah titles in gold ink. Gold roundels mark verse endings.
- Gift of David Eugene Smith, 1931-1934.
- Manuscripts, Arabic
- Full covers
- Islamic bindings (Binding)
- Envelope flaps (features)
- Blind tooled (decoration)
- These images and the content of Rare Book and Manuscript Library MS Or 242: al-Juzʼ al-thānī wa-al-ʻishrūn. are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.
- To the extent possible under law, Columbia University, Rare Book & Manuscript Library has waived all copyright and related or neighboring rights to this metadata about Rare Book and Manuscript Library MS Or 242: al-Juzʼ al-thānī wa-al-ʻishrūn.. This work is published from: United States. For a summary of CC0, see https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/. Legal code: https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/legalcode.
Table of contents
- fol. 1v — al-Juzʼ al-thānī wa-al-ʻishrūn.
- fol. 1v — Illuminated headpiece
Inside Front Cover
6945_0001.tif (81.0 MB)
6945_0001_thumb.jpg (4.2 KB)
6945_0001_web.jpg (334.1 KB)
6945_0004.tif (81.7 MB)
6945_0004_thumb.jpg (5.2 KB)
6945_0004_web.jpg (326.6 KB)
Section: al-Juzʼ al-thānī wa-al-ʻishrūn.
Decoration: Illuminated headpiece