Collection ID: 0032 | Metadata type: TEI
MS Or 344 Rubāʻīyāt-i ʻUmar Khayyam. / رباعيات عمر خيام
TitleRubāʻīyāt-i ʻUmar Khayyam. / رباعيات عمر خيام
- Omar Khayyam عمر خيام
Other related names
- Muḥammad ʻAbd al-Subḥān, active 1688, scribe محمد عبد السبحان،
- Smith, David Eugene, 1860-1944, former owner
Call numberMS Or 344
(New York, NY. 10027, Columbia University., Rare Book and Manuscript Library)
Collection of quatrains.
- Manuscript codex.
- Title from caption title (p. ).
- Smith note: "I think there are 767 quatrains there, a few less than the Calcutta Ms." (flyleaf 1 recto, at back of book).
Extent48 paginated leaves : 145 x 88 (108 x 58) mm, bound to 155 x 90 mm
BindingBrown leather over pasteboard with blind stamped central toronja and blind tooled frame; gold speckled (now green) paper pastedowns and endleaves.
Illuminated headpiece in gold, blue, red, green with border-rules in blue and gold and gold leaf motifs between the columns (p. ); the rest of the pages are border-ruled in gold and blue with red horizontal lines dividing the quatrains. Some leaves are gold speckled in the textblock area.
- Gift of David Eugene Smith, 1931-1934.
- Formerly owned by David Eugene Smith, "I bought this MS at a Persian dealer in Lahore, India, in December, 1907" (signed note in pencil, flyleaf 1 verso at front of book).
- Persian poetry--747-1500
- Quatrains, Persian--Early works to 1800
- Manuscripts, Persian--New York (State)--New York
- Codices (bound manuscripts)
- Manuscripts (documents)
- Illuminations (painting)
- These images and the content of Rare Book and Manuscript Library MS Or 344: Rubāʻīyāt-i ʻUmar Khayyam. are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.
- To the extent possible under law, Columbia University, Rare Book & Manuscript Library has waived all copyright and related or neighboring rights to this metadata about Rare Book and Manuscript Library MS Or 344: Rubāʻīyāt-i ʻUmar Khayyam.. This work is published from: United States. For a summary of CC0, see https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/. Legal code: https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/legalcode.
Inside front cover
7259_0001.tif (25.5 MB)
7259_0001_thumb.jpg (6.9 KB)
7259_0001_web.jpg (354.8 KB)