Collection ID: 0032 | Metadata type: TEI
MS Or 357 Kitāb sharḥ al-Jurrūmīyah. / كتاب شرح الجرومية
TitleKitāb sharḥ al-Jurrūmīyah. / كتاب شرح الجرومية
- Jibrīl, Zayn al-Dīn Muḥammad, active 15th century-16th century جبريل، زين الدين محمد
Other related names
- Muḥammad ʻAwwād ibn Ḥusayn Afandī, former owner محمد عواد بن حسين افندي.
- Smith, David Eugene, 1860-1944, former owner
Call numberMS Or 357
(New York, NY. 10027, Columbia University., Rare Book and Manuscript Library)
Copy completed on 4 Jumādá al-Ākhirah in the year 988 AH (June 1580) (f. r)
Lacunose commentary on the grammar of al-Ajurrūmīyah by Ibn Ājurrum; a few leaves are missing and many leaves have had their edges repaired.
- Manuscript codex.
- Title from f. 1r.
Extent100 partially foliated leaves : 172 x 130 (127 x 85) mm, bound to 172 x 138 mm
Rubrications in red; double border-rule in red.
- Gift of David Eugene Smith, 1931-1934.
- Formerly owned by Muḥammad ʻAwwād ibn Ḥusayn Afandī (f. v).
- Arabic language--Grammar--Early works to 1800
- Manuscripts, Arabic--New York (State)--New York
- Codices (bound manuscripts)
- Manuscripts (documents)
- These images and the content of Rare Book and Manuscript Library MS Or 357: Kitāb sharḥ al-Jurrūmīyah. are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.
- To the extent possible under law, Columbia University, Rare Book & Manuscript Library has waived all copyright and related or neighboring rights to this metadata about Rare Book and Manuscript Library MS Or 357: Kitāb sharḥ al-Jurrūmīyah.. This work is published from: United States. For a summary of CC0, see https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/. Legal code: https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/legalcode.
Inside front cover
7264_0001.tif (39.8 MB)
7264_0001_thumb.jpg (4.6 KB)
7264_0001_web.jpg (337.0 KB)