Collection ID: 0032 | Metadata type: TEI
MS Or 385 Tuḥfat al-ʻirfān. / تحفة العرفان
TitleTuḥfat al-ʻirfān. / تحفة العرفان
- Narḫīzāde, Muḥammed Muṣīb, active 1720
- Şahidî İbrahim Dede, 1470-1550 شاهدي ابراهيم دده،
Other related names
- Smith, David Eugene, 1860-1944, former owner
Call numberMS Or 385
(New York, NY. 10027, Columbia University., Rare Book and Manuscript Library)
- between 1720 and 1775?
A commentary on 100 verses of Tuḥfe-yi Şāhidī with discussion of poetic meter, lexicons and explanation of difficulties. A long preface by Muḥammed Muṣīb al-șehir bi-Narḫīzāde in which he describes his travels around the Eastern Mediterranean and how he came to find out about Şāhidī and his poetry introduces the work.
- Manuscript codex.
- Title from introduction (f. 3r).
Extent119 leaves : 218 x 160 (160 x 85) mm, bound to 222 x 162 mm
BindingBound in brown leather over pasteboard with the flap missing; blind stamped central mandorla and blind tooled frame.
- Turkish poetry--16th century
- Manuscripts, Turkish
- Early works to 1800
- Codices (bound manuscripts)
- Manuscripts (documents)
- Early works
- Full covers
- Blind tooled (decoration)
- Islamic bindings (Binding)
- These images and the content of Rare Book and Manuscript Library MS Or 385: Tuḥfat al-ʻirfān. are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.
- To the extent possible under law, Columbia University, Rare Book & Manuscript Library has waived all copyright and related or neighboring rights to this metadata about Rare Book and Manuscript Library MS Or 385: Tuḥfat al-ʻirfān.. This work is published from: United States. For a summary of CC0, see https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/. Legal code: https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/legalcode.
Table of contents
- Inside Front Cover — Tuḥfat al-ʻirfān.
Inside Front Cover
9198_0001.tif (57.5 MB)
9198_0001_thumb.jpg (4.7 KB)
9198_0001_web.jpg (291.5 KB)
Section: Tuḥfat al-ʻirfān.