Collection ID: 0034 | Metadata type: TEI
ChristChurch.AccountingWardensPewRentAccountBooks_v221 Pew Rent Account Book, Christ Church, 1778
TitlePew Rent Account Book, Christ Church, 1778
- United Churches of Christ-Church and St. Peter's (Philadelphia, Pa.) (https://viaf.org/viaf/139662090)
- Council on Library and Information Resources
(Philadelphia, United States, Christ Church Philadelphia, Accounting Wardens)
- local-identifier: v221
PublisherChrist Church Philadelphia
Pew rent registers were maintained at Christ Church and indeed many churches in the 18th and 19th centuries. The records document pew rents collected and from whom. Some volumes note where individuals sat and their home addresses. This particular journal indicates rents due in September, 1778, for Christ Church. Book openings after p. 15 are blank and were not digitized.
- Pews and pew rights
- Church finance
- Christ Church (Philadelphia, Pa.)
- United Churches of Christ-Church and St. Peter's (Philadelphia, Pa.)
- Account books
- 18th century
- 19th century
- These images and the content of Christ Church Philadelphia ChristChurch.AccountingWardensPewRentAccountBooks_v221: Pew Rent Account Book, Christ Church, 1778 are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.
- To the extent possible under law, Christ Church has waived all copyright and related or neighboring rights to this metadata about Christ Church Philadelphia ChristChurch.AccountingWardensPewRentAccountBooks_v221: Pew Rent Account Book, Christ Church, 1778. This work is published from: United States. For a summary of CC0, see https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/. Legal code: https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/legalcode.
Inside front cover
7039_0001.tif (53.2 MB)
7039_0001_thumb.jpg (3.3 KB)
7039_0001_web.jpg (287.4 KB)