Collection ID: 0034 | Metadata type: TEI
ChristChurch.AccountingWardensPewRentAccountBooks_v227 Pew rent account book, St. Peter's Church, 1781 March
TitlePew rent account book, St. Peter's Church, 1781 March
- United Churches of Christ-Church and St. Peter's (Philadelphia, Pa.) (http://viaf.org/viaf/139662090)
- Council on Library and Information Resources
(Philadelphia, United States, Christ Church Philadelphia)
- local-identifier: 188.8.131.52, v227
PublisherChrist Church Philadelphia
Pew Registers were maintained at Christ Church and indeed many churches in the 18th and 19th centuries. The pew rent records document pew rents collected and from whom. Some books note where individuals sat and their home addresses. This particular journal indicates rents due through March 25, 1781. A loose sheet of paper, scanned at the end of the volume, totals the amounts for each page.
- Pews and pew rights
- Church finance
- St. Peter's Church (Philadelphia, Pa.)
- United Churches of Christ-Church and St. Peter's (Philadelphia, Pa.)
- Account books
- 18th century
- These images and the content of Christ Church Philadelphia ChristChurch.AccountingWardensPewRentAccountBooks_v227: Pew rent account book, St. Peter's Church, 1781 March are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.
- To the extent possible under law, Christ Church has waived all copyright and related or neighboring rights to this metadata about Christ Church Philadelphia ChristChurch.AccountingWardensPewRentAccountBooks_v227: Pew rent account book, St. Peter's Church, 1781 March. This work is published from: United States. For a summary of CC0, see https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/. Legal code: https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/legalcode.
Inside front cover
9263_0001.tif (66.8 MB)
9263_0001_thumb.jpg (3.9 KB)
9263_0001_web.jpg (310.6 KB)