Collection ID: 0040 | Metadata type: TEI
ABHS.FBCBaptismCertificateSarahSallows1762 Baptism certificate of Sarah Sallows, 1762
TitleBaptism certificate of Sarah Sallows, 1762
- First Baptist Church (Philadelphia, Pa.) (https://viaf.org/viaf/138474365)
- Council on Library and Information Resources
(Atlanta, United States, American Baptist Historical Society)
PublisherAmerican Baptist Historical Society
This baptism certificate has a series of questions about the baptismal candidate's beliefs and commitments, to which she has answered yes. On this profession, Sarah Sallows was baptized by Morgan Edwards in the Schuylkill River on June 22, 1762. Sarah's last name is difficult to discern in this document; she is listed as added to the membership in 1762, with much clearer handwriting, in the Register, 1746-1824.
- Philadelphia Congregations Early Records Project (https://philadelphiacongregations.org)
- Baptismal records
- Baptism and church membership
- First Baptist Church (Philadelphia, Pa.)
- 18th century
- These images and the content of American Baptist Historical Society ABHS.FBCBaptismCertificateSarahSallows1762: Baptism certificate of Sarah Sallows, 1762 are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.
- To the extent possible under law, American Baptist Historical Society has waived all copyright and related or neighboring rights to this metadata about American Baptist Historical Society ABHS.FBCBaptismCertificateSarahSallows1762: Baptism certificate of Sarah Sallows, 1762. This work is published from: United States. For a summary of CC0, see https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/. Legal code: https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/legalcode.