Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI | |
CAJS Rar Ms 448 Manuscript leaves from an Ashkenazic Maḥzor for the High Holidays.
TitleManuscript leaves from an Ashkenazic Maḥzor for the High Holidays.
Other related names
- Amram, David Werner, 1866-1939, former owner
- Dropsie College for Hebrew and Cognate Learning, former owner
Call numberCAJS Rar Ms 448
(420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19106-3703., University of Pennsylvania, Library at the Herbert D. Katz Center for Advanced Judaic Studies)
- bibid: 9924292153503681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
Written in Western Europe in the 13th or 14th centuries?
between 1200 and 1399?
Leaves 1-2 consist of part of the Kedushta from morning prayers on the first day of Rosh ha-Shanah; leaf 3 contains seliḥot from Maʻariv of Yom Kippur.
- Ms. leaves.
- Title supplied by cataloger.
- Item cataloged from digital facsimile and existing description.
Extent3 leaves : 430 x 310 mm
- Formerly held in the Library of Dropsie College for Hebrew and Cognate Learning; given to Dropsie College by David Werner Amram in 1924.
- High Holidays--Liturgy--Texts
- Jewish religious poetry
- Detached leaves
- Manuscripts, Medieval
- Manuscripts, Hebrew--13th century
- Manuscripts, Hebrew--14th century
- 13th century
- 14th century
- Prayer book
- These images and the content of Library at the Herbert D. Katz Center for Advanced Judaic Studies CAJS Rar Ms 448: Manuscript leaves from an Ashkenazic Maḥzor for the High Holidays. are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.