Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Misc Mss Box 24 Folder 4 Box 24 Folder 4 Qurʼān leaves.
Call numberMisc Mss Box 24 Folder 4 Box 24 Folder 4
(3420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104-6206., University of Pennsylvania, Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts)
- bibid: 9977459937003681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
- between 1550 and 1699?
Two leaves from the same Qurʼān, though not continuous. Leaf 1 contains the last two words of verse 5 of al-Takāthur (102) through the first two words of verse 6 of al-Humazah (104) . Leaf 2 contains all of al-Kāfirūn (190) except the bismillāh, to the penultimate word of verse 4 of al-Masad (111), called Tabbat yadā here.
- Ms. leaf.
- Title supplied by cataloger.
Extent2 leaves : 230 x 160 (190 x 120) mm
FoliationWestern numeral foliation in pencil added, upper left recto.
- Acquired between 2012 and 2016; accessioned 2018.
- Detached leaves
- Manuscripts, Arabic--16th century
- Manuscripts, Arabic--17th century
- These images and the content of Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts Misc Mss Box 24 Folder 4 Box 24 Folder 4: Qurʼān leaves. are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.
- To the extent possible under law, University of Pennsylvania Libraries has waived all copyright and related or neighboring rights to this metadata about Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts Misc Mss Box 24 Folder 4 Box 24 Folder 4: Qurʼān leaves.. This work is published from: United States. For a summary of CC0, see https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/. Legal code: https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/legalcode.
Table of contents
- fol. 1r — [Qurʼān leaves].
7099_0000.tif (72.6 MB)
7099_0000_thumb.jpg (6.4 KB)
7099_0000_web.jpg (286.2 KB)
Section: [Qurʼān leaves].