Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Ms. Coll. 700 Item 55 Arte de lengua kiché
TitleArte de lengua kiché
- Anleo, Bartholomé de, ca. 1630-1694
Other related names
- Berendt, C. Hermann 1817-1878, former owner
- Brinton, Daniel Garrison, 1837-1899, former owner
Call numberMs. Coll. 700 Item 55
(3420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104-6206., University of Pennsylvania, Rare Book & Manuscript Library)
- bibid: 9938466323503681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
LanguageSpanish and Quiché
Copied, probably in the United States, between 1850 and 1875.
- between 1850 and 1875?
A 19th-century copy of Anleo's 17th-century grammar for the Quiché language, including sections on orthography and numerals.
- Ms. codex.
- Title and author from title page (p. 1); the first character of the language name is a Parra symbol, which has been transcribed as a k in all later references.
- Two notes referring to Quiché are laid inside the front cover: one in ink that may be contemporary with Berendt's copy and one in pencil that is more modern but related in content to the first.
Extent67 leaves : 169 x 103 mm. bound to 177 x 115 mm
FoliationPaper, , 3-192 (pages 134-192 blank); page numbers stamped in blue ink, upper outer corners.
Binding19th-century leatherbound notebook purchased in New York (very similar to Ms. Coll. 700 Item 54).
- Copied from a copy made by or for E. G. Squier (1821-1888) from a copy in the Bibliothèque Nationale made by Fr. Antonio Ramirez de Utrilla in 1744.
- From the collection of C. Hermann Berendt, later acquired by Daniel Garrison Brinton (ex libris stamp on title page).
- Quiché language--Grammar
- Mayan languages--Grammar--Early works to 1800
- Mayan languages--Writing--Early works to 1800
- Indians of Central America--Guatemala--Languages--Early works to 1800
- Manuscripts, Spanish--19th century
- These images and the content of Rare Book & Manuscript Library Ms. Coll. 700 Item 55: Arte de lengua kiché are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.
Inside front cover
7279_0001.tif (40.6 MB)
7279_0001_thumb.jpg (3.5 KB)
7279_0001_web.jpg (179.3 KB)
Loose note 1, Side 1
7279_0141.tif (22.9 MB)
7279_0141_thumb.jpg (3.3 KB)
7279_0141_web.jpg (161.8 KB)
Loose note 1, Side 2
7279_0142.tif (22.9 MB)
7279_0142_thumb.jpg (2.2 KB)
7279_0142_web.jpg (128.4 KB)
Loose note 2, Side 1
7279_0143.tif (8.0 MB)
7279_0143_thumb.jpg (4.0 KB)
7279_0143_web.jpg (210.3 KB)
Loose note 2, Side 2
7279_0144.tif (8.0 MB)
7279_0144_thumb.jpg (3.0 KB)
7279_0144_web.jpg (196.1 KB)