Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Ms. Coll. 700 Item 77 Coleccion de escritos menores en lengua kekchí de la Verapaz
TitleColeccion de escritos menores en lengua kekchí de la Verapaz
Other related names
- Berendt, C. Hermann 1817-1878, former owner
- Brinton, Daniel Garrison, 1837-1899, former owner
Call numberMs. Coll. 700 Item 77
(3420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104-6206., University of Pennsylvania, Rare Book & Manuscript Library)
- bibid: 9941022813503681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
LanguageSpanish and Kekchi
A collection of fair but partial copies of three Kekchi documents, with a title page for the volume as a whole and a blank table of contents. The three documents are a glossary of Kekchi phrases copied in 1875 from an 1819 manuscript in the possession of Francisco Poou of Cobán (pp. 5-16); the first page of a sermon for the day of St. John the Baptist, copied in 1875 from a 1741 manuscript in the parish archives of Cobán (pp. [17-19]); and a sermon on the first commandment in Spanish and Kekchi, from 1855 (pp. [41-48]).
- Ms. codex.
- Title from title page (p. ).
- Originals of the sermons from which C. Hermann Berendt started these copies are in Ms. Coll. 700 Item 68 (for the day of St. John the Baptist) and Ms. Coll. 700 Item 70 (on the first commandment).
Extent28 leaves : 206 x 166 mm. bound to 214 x 180 mm
FoliationPaper, 28; [iv, 1-7], 8-16, [17-19, 9 blank, 29, 11 blank, 41-48 (with 45-48 paginated as 5-8), iv]; page numbers, when present, in ink, upper center.
BindingLate 19th-century half leather.
- From the collection of C. Hermann Berendt, later acquired by Daniel Garrison Brinton (ex libris stamp on title page).
- Catholic Church--Sermons
- Kekchi language--Glossaries, vocabularies, etc
- Kekchi language--Texts
- Sermons, Kekchi
- Sermons, Spanish
- Mayan languages--Texts
- Indians of Central America--Guatemala--Languages
- Manuscripts, Spanish--19th century
- These images and the content of Rare Book & Manuscript Library Ms. Coll. 700 Item 77: Coleccion de escritos menores en lengua kekchí de la Verapaz are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.
Inside front cover
7295_0001.tif (33.4 MB)
7295_0001_thumb.jpg (3.7 KB)
7295_0001_web.jpg (222.6 KB)