Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI
CAJS Rar Ms 211 Kitāb-i Tīmūrnāmah.
- Hātifī, -1520 or 1521 Hātifī, -1520 or 1521
Other related names
- Lewis, John Frederick, 1860-1932, former owner
- Lewis, John Frederick, 1860-1932, donor
Call numberCAJS Rar Ms 211
(Philadelphia, University of Pennsylvania, Library at the Herbert D. Katz Center for Advanced Judaic Studies)
- bibid: 6853216
PublisherThe University of Pennsylvania Libraries
Completed 20 Ramadan 989 (18 October 1581, colophon, f. 134r).
- A.H. 989 (1581)
Persian account of the first ruler of the Timurid dynasty, also known by the title Ẓafarnāmah. Marginal inscription above the illuminated headpiece is the opening of the basmalah.
- Ms. codex.
- Numerous repairs to leaf edges and holes in margins.
Extent134 leaves : 210 x 105 (145 x 55) mm bound to 215 x 115 mm
CollationPaper, ii + 134 + i leaves; no foliation or visible sewing. Catch phrase on each leaf, lower left verso.
BindingLeather, gilt-tooled; earlier covers on repaired binding. Type 3 binding.
- Formerly owned by John Frederick Lewis (bookplate inside left cover), possibly his number 385 (label inside left cover).
- Gift of John Frederick Lewis to the library of the Dropsie College for Hebrew and Cognate Learning (inscription on Lewis bookplate inside left cover).
- Persian poetry--747-1500
- Manuscripts, Renaissance
- Manuscripts, Persian--16th century
- These images and the content of Library at the Herbert D. Katz Center for Advanced Judaic Studies, CAJS Rar Ms 211: Kitāb-i Tīmūrnāmah. are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.
Inside front cover
5194_0001.tif (51.4 MB)
5194_0001_thumb.jpg (4.8 KB)
5194_0001_web.jpg (328.9 KB)