Collection ID: 0016 | Metadata type: TEI
Penn Museum 2003-82-445 Devotional book
Other related names
- Commercial Museum (Philadelphia, Pa.), former owner
Call numberPenn Museum 2003-82-445
(3420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104-6206, University of Pennsylvania, Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts)
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
- between 1850 and 1899?
Loose leaf copy of portions of a book of prayers divided by day. This copy contains parts of prayers said on Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday and is in catchword order, though leaves are missing. Some leaves have been replaced in a different hand, on modern, lined paper (text is written perpendicular to the lines).
- Title supplied by cataloger.
- Dimensions of original manuscript: 96 x 126 (70 x 90) mm.
- Machine-made paper; ruled by folding.
Extent1 online resource (82 loose leaves)
FoliationLeaves are unfoliated and loose; catchwords every verso, lower left.
BindingUnbound; loose leaf codex with nothing to hold the leaves together.
- Gift of the Philadelphia Commercial Museum (also known as the Philadelphia Civic Center Museum), Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, 2003.
- Islam--Prayers and devotions
- Prayer books
- Manuscripts, Arabic
- Manuscripts, 19th century
Table of contents
- fol. 1r — [Devotional book]
9351_0000.tif (26.8 MB)
9351_0000_thumb.jpg (7.7 KB)
9351_0000_web.jpg (396.3 KB)
Section: [Devotional book]